We care about our customers and we care about our community. Understanding the challenges of an aging workforce and lack of skilled labor within the manufacturing industry, we see the great need for education and are active within our local community to support STEM programs (science, technology, engineering, math) and bolster the development of our future workforce.
- March 2018: Supported Matea Valley High School fundraiser which benefited Mutual Ground, a shelter that provides education, awareness, and life-changing services that empower individuals, families, and communities to end the cycle of domestic and sexual violence.
- Laser Technologies participated in the Manufacturing & Technology Career Expo at College of DuPage County in November of 2016. After the expo students were given a tour of our facility. The purpose of this event is to inform high school students about manufacturing careers and remove misconceptions they may have about the field. The end goal is to steer students toward post-secondary training and education that will prepare them for manufacturing occupations.
- In 2016, Laser Technologies was part of 24 professionals from a cross section of STEM related companies providing feedback to the Naperville 203 school district about job trends and skill sets. Naperville 203 will use this feedback to design authentic learning experiences that prepare students for college and careers while enhancing STEM programming.
- Laser Technologies is currently involved with a School Partnership Team, Project Lead The Way (PLTW), for School District 204, which includes Waubonsee Valley, Neuqua Valley, and Metea Valley High Schools. The ultimate goal of the program: Preparing students to succeed in a technological society and for the careers of the future.
- November 2015, Laser Technologies is exhibiting at the Fourth Annual Manufacturing and Engineering Technology Expo at the DuPage Technology Education Center. The students will have the opportunity to tour our facility after the exhibit.
- Laser Technologies supported the Skill USA Team on the tricycle project by helping to manufacture the handle bars.
- As part of the TMA Tooling Manufacturing Association Summer Camp, Laser Technologies hosted a group of high school students for lunch, educated them with a presentation on manufacturing processes, and provided them with a tour of our facility.
- We visited the TMA facility to present to those students who were not able to visit our facility and educated them with our manufacturing processes presentation.
- Laser Technologies participated in Career fairs at Waubonsee Valley (3 years), Metea Valley (2 years) and Geneva High School (1 year).
- Laser Technologies had (3) students job shadow with engineers on-site.
- Sponsored by Sterling Engineering, Laser Tech has hosted (2) Solidworks User Group Meetings at our facility in Naperville, IL.
- Laser Technologies hosted a County Institute Day for District 203 Middle School PLTW and STEM Teachers.
- Laser Technologies hosted (1) Engineering Teacher on a job shadow.
- Laser Technologies hosted a Waubonsee Community College Manufacturing Processes Class on a facility tour.
- Laser Technologies hosted a Waubonsee Community College Engineering Professor to fulfil a VIP training requirement.
- Laser Technologies had a welder demonstrate TIG Welding of aluminum for Metea Valley High School Students at our facility in Naperville, IL.