Laser Tech Employment
We work with the best. The strength of our team depends on the dedication of each individual. Each individual not only plays an important role in our daily operations, but also contributes to our long-term growth. As our company continues to grow and expand it's capabilities, we will continue to seek and hire the best.
We are currently hiring for the following jobs: 1st Shift Laser Setup Operator, and Jr. Machinist. Jobs will be deleted when filled.
Job Title: Jr. Machinist
Reports To: Stamping/Fabrication Supervisor
Job Hours: 6:00am - 2:30pm
- Enrolled in Machining Theory classes
- 2 years' experience in machining.
- On job training
- Training set-up operators
- Must have knowledge of machine shop machines, how to set-up and operate equipment and fixtures.
- An understanding in trigonometry, geometry and basic math
- Knowledge of CNC equipment a plus
- Plan and perform the set-up and operation of all types of machine shop equipment and tools, with consideration of materials, tolerances, types of cutting tools, coolants, lubricants, and machine tool feeds and speeds.
- Skills to use a variety of precision inspection equipment such as comparators, gauging tools, micrometers, calipers, height gauges and established surface plate set-ups.
- Must be able to read and understand Blueprints.
- Must be able to think logically to analyze situation.
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately to meet schedules.
- Must be manually adept.
- Must be able to communicate by oral/written means to convey results of tool rework
- Must be able to read and work to machining and detail blueprints.
- Work requires attention to safety practices and procedures.
- Must have knowledge of materials
- Must have own tools.
- Requires at least 2 years' experience in a machine shop position.
- CNC experience a plus
Daily Schedule Guideline
- Provide input to Engineering as to machining based on manufacturing capabilities.
- Fabricate & Manufacture jigs, fixtures, gauges per job traveler provided by Engineering.
- Interpret blueprints/sketches from verbal/written instructions or from the part to be duplicated or fitted.
- Perform hand operations (using tools of trade) involved in producing jigs, fixtures, tools and dies.
- Fits and assembles jigs, fixtures, tools. .
- Inspects machined parts for conformance to part specifications during 1st piece, in-process and after final machining.
- Set-up and sharpen drills and tool bits.
- Plans the repair or modification of non-conforming or damaged, gauges and fixtures when requested by production.
- Maintains records, drawings or other paperwork as required.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe working environment.
- May assist in set-up/machine operators.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- Perform duties per ISO standards
- Interpret Travelers and Routings/Data input
JOB TITLE: 1nd Shift Laser Setup Operator
REPORTS TO: Laser Manager
Hours: 40 hours a week plus weekends/overtime
Pay: Hourly plus OT and benefits
Summary: Laser Technologies is looking for a Laser Setup Operator with experience setting up CNC Lasers. Will be required to read blueprints, perform setups, run parts, and maintain production.
Safely Set-Up, Operate and troubleshoot CNC lasers.
- Operate/setup the CNC laser cutting machines and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators.
- Select and set up lenses based on material type and thickness, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Knowledge about shield gases used during laser cutting operation.
- Monitor fill level of bulk tank system and report reordering levels to the supervisor.
- Work in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
- Knows when to stop and ask for clarification.
- Interpret and follow written instruction, sketches, schedules, drawings and documents
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 2 years of CNC laser setup
- Must be proficient in manufacturing blueprint reading and have good math skills
- Must be able to use precision measuring equipment to check tolerances and quality of parts
- Understanding of G-Codes and M-Codes
- Solid background working with sheet metal tight tolerance geometry.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper and Brass.
- Has to be a strong team player and reliable.
- Must work effectively and efficiently. Be able to work independently, multi-task and prioritize the jobs or duties they have been given.
- Have the ability to communicate both oral and written. This person also must be flexible and organized.