Laser Tech Employment
We work with the best. The strength of our team depends on the dedication of each individual. Each individual not only plays an important role in our daily operations, but also contributes to our long-term growth. As our company continues to grow and expand it's capabilities, we will continue to seek and hire the best.
We are currently hiring for the following jobs: CNC Machinist and Estimating and Machining Process Engineer.
Jobs will be deleted when filled.
JOB TITLE: CNC Machinist / Operator
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor
Hours: 40 hours a week plus Weekends / Overtime
Pay: Hourly plus OT
Summary: Leading precision manufacturer located in Naperville, IL is seeking an experienced CNC Machinist / Operator.
Produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Skills to use a variety of precision inspection equipment such as comparators, gauging tools, micrometers, calipers, height gauges and established surface plate set-ups.
- Maintains records, drawings or other paperwork as required.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe working environment.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- Must be able to think logically to analyze situations.
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately to meet schedules.
- Must be manually adept.
- Must be able to communicate by oral/written means.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of machines, how to set-up and operate complex equipment, and an understanding of trigonometry, geometry, and general mathematics.
- Must be able to read and work to machining and detail blueprints.
- Work requires attention to safety practices and procedures.
- Requires at least five years' experience in CNC Machining.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with ability to use advanced math, and read and interpret extremely complex drawings and specifications.
- Advanced technical training through apprenticeship and/or on the job training in tool and die making.
Estimating and Machining Process Engineer
Laser Technologies, Inc., a leading precision manufacturer that specializes in motor and generator components, located in Naperville, Illinois is seeking a High Level Machinist, Programmer, or Manufacturing Engineer interested in estimating and process engineering our contract machining value stream.
Estimating and Machining Process Engineer is needed to quote, process, and oversee contract machining and fabrication projects. This position will act as the liaison between Laser Technologies Quality and Operations departments and the customers design requirements for final product. The ideal candidate has a proven record with project management, strong mechanical and CNC machining background in high precision part production, the ability to troubleshoot and resolve part manufacturability problems, and must be proficient in CAD/CAM such as Solidworks, and Mastercam software.
- Evaluates customer part designs relative to manufacturability.
- Review of customer drawings with keen attention to requirements, tolerances and notes
- Identify the Operations, Tooling, Fixturing, and process required to produce customer parts
- Estimate and prepare project costs in a quote format using excel calculators and ERP software
- Customer Support relating to manufacturing approval, job issues, and questions on RFQ's and quotes
- Process machining jobs to include Project Review and Work Traveler creation.
- Process some fabrications jobs from beginning to end, to include Project review, Cad design, Drawing creation, Cam programming and Work traveler creation.
- Assist manufacturing by developing necessary requirements and cost effective solutions by use of tooling, gauges and fixture designs.
- Ensures that manufacturing plant receives pertinent information for individual processes to be completed through use of detailed and accurate job travelers.
- Provides Engineering support to Estimators, Outside Sales, Production, Quality and other departments as needed.
- Assist Operations with optimization of efficiency's through evaluation of process, tooling, and fixtures
- Strong Skills in CNC Machining programming and operations 5+ years of experience
- Strong skills in Mechanical Engineering design or Machining of high precision parts
- Detail orientated
- Strong GD & T knowledge
- Strong Understanding of surface finishes and processes necessary to produce
- Working knowledge of equipment and manufacturing processes; laser cutting, stamping, welding, fabrication
- Proficient in Cad/Cam. Solidworks, Mastercam
- Good mechanical aptitude, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve part manufacturability problems
- Team oriented with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks as required to meet demanding customer deadlines and requirements
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient in Job Boss ERP a plus
- 5 or more axis CNC machining experience as an operator or programmer a plus